Why should authors blog?
- You get an audience – you connect with people
- You connect with other writers and authors and share ideas
- Fans get to know you and you forge relationships with wonderful people from all over the world.
- Your writing improves.
- You have to work you imagination in a different way – normal writing is kind of like being really good at press ups and blogging gives your abs their work out.
- Blogging is great for Marketing
- Once your blog gets a following you can use it to advertise your books, post book trailers, offer downloads and more
- Blogging is much easier than having a website
- You can create your own blog, it’s very easy
- It’s free or very very cheap to create
- Google loves blogs so your search engines optimization gets easier
- Blogging draws a very tightly targeted audience
- Blogging gives you credibility
- You can fake reviews, you can pretend your have a presence through a website but there is nothing like a blog to prove you have history. Faking two years of posting is very tricky and hugely time consuming. Have a good blog with up to date posts prves you are not some fickle fly by night but you are credible and to coin a tweet, you’re #ww (worth watching!)